Saturday, October 14, 2006

Wanna Get Married?

[click on link in title to hear soothing music to read by, ahhhhhhh...]

Wanna Get Married?

Being married is like suiting up in armor every morning to joust all day with a fierce and clever opponent who does not play fair.


My wife was tickled by what a cute couple our 80 year old neighbors made. When she had the opportunity to speak to the wife alone she asked, "What's the secret to your marriage?" The kindly old woman replied, "Honey, it's 90% bad and 10% good. Ya learn to enjoy the 10% when ya get it."


The only person who offered me advice on being married was my great Uncle Al. After the wedding ceremony, and as people were eating cake, Uncle Al pulled me aside and dropped one of his huge paws on my shoulder. He looked me square in the eyes and said, " Now Ben, I'm only gonna tell you one bit of advice about be being married, okay? Now I only been married for 54 years but it's worked for me. Ben, there'll be times when ya gotta admit to your wife that you're wrong. Even when you know you are right, ya admit you're wrong. Do you understand that? Okay then. Good luck Ben."

My advice: Say "yes" a lot and watch your back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home